Spanedea is an online platform that endeavours to deliver the Best Tutoring Service Available to students by connecting them to tutors and enabling live online tutoring.
Instead of physically visiting the student's home, tutors use a good Internet connection, virtual blackboard, webcam and a microphone to teach. The teacher-student interaction is two-way and in real time. At Spanedea, ‘live online tutoring’ implies that ‘one tutor teaches one student at a time’. The student thus gets complete and undivided attention in class.
No, Spanedea does not provide video of recordings or lectures. Tutors and students join Spanedea's Live Class at the same time. The experience is similar to a tutor and student having a class in the same room.
Live online tutoring at Spanedea implies that one tutor teaches one student at a time. The student thus gets complete and undivided attention in class.
Joining Spanedea enables tutors to:
- Become an Online Tutor of Choice - Build and demonstrate your credentials through profile quality, student ratings, student testimonials
- Earn More - Tutor at convenient times, eliminate time wastage in commuting/ waiting, set and manage your hourly rates
- Grow your Tutoring Business - Easily manage class schedules, syllabus coverage, your students’ progress. Undertake marketing activities guided by Spanedea to attract more students. Teach students globally.
No, as a tutor you will use the Spanedea tutoring platform as an an independent entrepreneur.
A tutor can teach for as many hours as she wants. There are tutors who teach for more than 100 hours in a month as well as those who teach for only 5-10 hours in a month.
No, there are no charges for joining Spanedea.
As a tutor you are free to set your own rate per hour - this is termed your Base Rate. We recommend that you set the rate that you feel will get you maximum number of students / revenue taking into consideration market rates, your skill levels, your experience and education. Whatever rate you set, Spanedea Service Fee is deducted before making payment to you.
Spanedea Service Fee is 20% of the hourly rate charged by the tutor with the student. For first 40 paid tutoring hours taught by tutor on Spanedea, additional 20% of the hourly rate will be withheld by Spanedea and paid to the tutor as a lump sum amount after successful completion of 40 paid tutoring hours.
In case you bring any your of existing students to tutor through Spanedea, then for tutoring those students you are NOT charged any Spanedea Service Fee. These students must enroll on (pay fees through) through. As a limited time special offer, Spanedea will give you 5% over your Base Rate for tutoring sessions with these students.
It is a two-step process:
- Create your profile. Showcase your qualifications, experience and testimonials of students. Importantly, upload a good photograph. Approval of your Spanedea profile will be based on quality and completeness of profile.
- After your profile is approved, three demo classes may be organised with existing Spanedea students, for each subject you would like to tutor at Spanedea. Based on feedback on these demo classes, you will be eligible to start teaching.
Yes, of course you can. Just send them a link of our website and ask them to register. The qualification process would apply to them as well.
Thousands of students visit Spanedea every month in search of an online tutor. Students request for and attend trial classes with tutors before finalizing a tutor. If a tutor’s profile, hourly fees, schedule etc. meet the requirements set by a student, she (along with other ‘matching’ tutors) is invited for a 1-hour trial class with the student. After the trial class, if the student and tutor ‘accept’ each other, then paid tutoring program commences through Spanedea platform. Tutors are not paid for the trial classes.
The Registration Fee enables the student to request trial classes with Spanedea tutors. The tutor shortlisting is done based on student preferences such as hourly fees, age, gender, bandwidth speed and schedule matching. If the student does not find her best-fit tutor on Spanedea, money is refunded. So,as a tutor, you can be sure that when a student is requesting for a trial class, she is serious about buying a paid tutoring program.
After every trial class, the student gives her feedback on trial class/ tutor and mentions her decision on whether to proceed with the tutor. Similarly, after every trial class, the tutor also gives feedback on student and mention her decision on whether to proceed with the student or not. If both - student and tutor - ‘accept’ each other, then tutoring program commences. Tutors should not ask students, during trial classes, about this decision. This is against Spanedea’s policy and on breach of this policy, tutor’s registration at Spanedea can be canceled.
Trial class is the first class of a student with a tutor during which the student can evaluate the suitability and compatibility of the tutor as per her requirements. It also helps the tutor to ascertain if she wants to accept the concerned student.
A trial class is an opportunity for student and tutor to meet and interact before they mutually decide to commence a tutoring program.
Based upon the criteria set by the student, several tutors are invited for the trial class. Tutors are able to accept these invites from the dashboards. As the student is offered a limited number of slots for trial classes, the tutor acceptance for these invites is subject to the slot still being ‘open’ - if all slots are filled by other tutors - then you will have to wait for the next invite!
Tutors are shortlisted based on various factors such as hourly rate, profile, tutor’s Internet speed etc.
The shortlisted tutors are invited for trial classes through email and dashboard. SMS notification is also sent for a trial class invite.
Several tutors meeting the criteria set by student are invited for the trial class. As the student is offered a limited number of slots for trial classes, the tutor acceptance for these invites is subject to the slot still being ‘open’ - if all slots are filled by other tutors - then you will have to wait for the next invite!
During the trial class, a tutor will teach the topics pre-selected by the student. The topic selected by the student is mentioned in the trial class invite. In addition to academics /studies, we encourage tutors to speak about teaching philosophy and style, credentials, experience etc.
Before the trial class starts, the student is informed about the hourly rate of the tutor and that the tutor fees is non-negotiable. This is to ensure transparency in the transactions. Any attempt to negotiate the fees can lead to suspension of tutor’s and/or student’s registration at Spanedea.
We strongly recommend parents (of the student) to interact with the tutor during the trial class.
Policies for rescheduling/ canceling trial class are as follows:
- If a trial class is rescheduled or canceled, more than 12 hours in advance before the trial class, then no penalty is a applicable
- If a trial class is rescheduled or canceled, less than 12 hours but more than 30 minutes before the trial class, tutor will be charged 25% of her hourly rate as penalty.
- If a trial class is rescheduled or canceled, less than 30 minutes before the trial class or there is No-Show by tutor for the trial class, tutor will be charged 100% of her hourly rate as penalty. In this case, Spanedea also has the right to deactivate tutor’s profile from Spanedea or not allocate any more trial classes to tutor for certain time.
Penalties charged for rescheduling/ cancellation are credited to the student’s account after adjusting for the Spanedea Service Fee. Similar policy applies to students also in case a student reschedules or cancels the class. Statistics on a tutor’s profile will be updated to reflect the instances of reschedulement/ cancellation of trial classes. Class must be rescheduled/ canceled by tutor through the class schedule displayed on her Spanedea dashboard. Rescheduling / cancellation through any other method will not be recognised by the Spanedea platform. Penalties will apply based on when is the class schedule updated on the Spanedea dashboard.
Policies for late coming for trial class or regular class are as follows:
- Tutor must join the class exactly at the scheduled start time for class.
- If a tutor joins the class after 5 minutes but before 15 minutes of the scheduled class start time, then it will be marked as ‘Late Entry’ in the class.
- If a tutor joins the class after 15 minutes of the scheduled class start time, then it is marked as ‘No-show’ by the tutor. Class is deemed to be rescheduled/ canceled. No-show penalty will apply.
Penalties for late coming are as follows:
- If a tutor is late for more than 3 classes but up to 6 classes in a month, then penalty is Rs. 500
- If a tutor is late for more than 6 classes in a month, then penalty is Rs. 1,000
Statistics on tutors profile will be updated to reflect the instances of late coming by the tutor. Similar late coming policy applies to students also.
Yes, you can. You can help your students and yourself by getting them to Spanedea:
- Save commute time and earn more: No more time wastage in commuting. Time saved in commuting can be used to teach more and earn more.
- Enhances Your Profile and chances of getting new students: Tutoring students on Spanedea, gives you more credibility and ratings; bringing your own students adds to your Spanedea credentials. Students/ Parents tend to prefer tutors who are already tutoring on Spanedea, and have a developed track record on Spanedea - in terms of number classes taken, number students taught, ratings received, testimonials received.
- Earn more than your hourly rate: As a limited time special offer, Spanedea will give you 5% over and above what you are charging your existing student for introducing Spanedea to new students. These students must enroll for your tutoring program through Spanedea for this offer to apply.
Yes, Spanedea has a referral scheme.
- Earn more than your hourly rate: If you refer your existing or new student to Spanedea, then as a limited time special offer, Spanedea will give you 5% over and above what you are charging your existing student for introducing Spanedea to new students. These students must enroll for your tutoring program through Spanedea for this offer to apply.
- Earn without teaching: If you refer a student who wants a tutor for different exam or subject than what you teach, then you get referral reward. For more details, please check your dashboard.
To start a class, login to your Spanedea dashboard and go to ‘My Classes’ and then click on ‘Enter Class’ corresponding to the scheduled class to be started.
In such cases, you should wait for your student to enter the class. If your student joins the class after 5 minutes of the scheduled start time of class, your student is liable for penalties with respect to late comings. Such penalties collected from student will be shared with the tutor. If your student doesn’t join the class within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time of class please leave the class. Please do not forget to provide feedback, through the feedback form, about the No-Show. You will be paid for ‘No-Show’ by your student. Please maintain the highest standards of punctuality and strongly encourage your students to adhere to the same.
In such an unfortunate circumstance, you can leave the class and retry after a few minutes. If problem still persists, you can end the class before the scheduled time. Through the feedback form you receive, indicate the reason for early discontinuation of the class. Tutor will be paid for the actual number of minutes, before the class was discontinued.
Yes, tutor can extend the class duration if you need extra time to complete a topic or a lesson. However, you should make sure that you do not have any other class scheduled immediately after the current class.
Sessions may be recorded for security and evaluation purposes.
No, tutors are not allowed to exchange any personal contact details with students. In the event a tutor request or reveals any such information, Spanedea reserves the right to terminate the tutor’s Spanedea account and cancel all her classes at Spanedea. The Spanedea dashboard has all communication facilities required to communicate with students for conducting online tutoring. In case you desire any other feature or communication tool please write to academics@Spanedea.net.
A tutoring program is series of classes taken on Spanedea towards a specific academic objective. On Spanedea, almost all aspects of the program are as per your preferences - choice of tutors, timing and schedule of classes, syllabus coverage, and to a certain extent your fees. Your fees is determined by the hourly rate of the tutor you chose.
Spanedea offers following types of tutoring programs:
- Beginners Program offers in depth coverage of full syllabus for students preparing through self-study
- Challengers Program offers full syllabus review and revision for students who are taking (or already have taken) coaching
- Masters Program offers challenging problems from full syllabus for students who have mastered syllabus already
- MYTP (Make Your own Tutoring Program) covering topics in a subject that you need. Students can select from the list of topics (for any subject) offered in Beginners and Challengers to design their own program.
- TeachTime offers doubt and problem solving for students with specific needs. Buy TeachTime Credits, choose your tutor and schedule your class with Tutor of your choice. No pre-fixed class agenda and schedule is required.
Tutoring program is selected by a student as per her requirement. Students can select the program either before the trial class or after the trial class while selecting the tutor. A tutor should be able to teach any type of program for subject and exam selected by the tutor in her profile.
Yes, they are. A defined program acts as a starting point for student and tutor. As program proceeds, student can change pace of program, add or delete topics, change sequence in which topics are taught etc. in consultation with tutor. Please note any changes in the number of sessions of the program can lead to change in the fees of the program.
MYTP is one of the most innovative programs offered by Spanedea. MYTP allows students to create TheIr own unique course based on
- topics/ sub-topics that student requires
- the depth to which student would like the tutor to cover each topic/ sub-topic (Beginner or Challenger)
- the desired completion date (approximately) of the program
At the start of the tutoring program, tutor decides a weekly class schedule for program based upon the weekly time-availability provided by the student. The weekly schedule such selected is followed every week for the duration of the Program.
Yes, tutor can modify the weekly schedule for a program at a later stage if student agrees to the new schedule.
Tutor can send students class scheduling request using her Spanedea dashboard. Your student can either accept or decline the class scheduling request. Your students can also send you a class scheduling request, which you can either accept or decline as per your availability.
We believe in providing our tutors with the ability to control their schedules. Hence, our tutors can reschedule or cancel a class using their Spanedea dashboard. In case a class is cancelled, we recommend to schedule a make-up class so that program end date is not impacted. Please note that cancellations and rescheduling have an impact on your students’ schedules. In additions, cancellation and rescheduling statistics may figure in your profile.
Policies for rescheduling/ canceling regular classes are as follows:
- If a class is rescheduled or canceled by you, more than 12 hours in advance before the scheduled class start time, then no penalty is imposed.
- If a class is rescheduled or canceled by you, less than 12 hours but more than 30 minutes before the scheduled class start time, then tutor will be charged 25% of her hourly rate as penalty.
- If a class is rescheduled or canceled by you, less than 30 minutes before the scheduled class start time or there is No-show by tutor for the class, then tutor will be charged 100% of her hourly rate as penalty.
Penalty charged for rescheduling/ cancellation is credited to the student’s account after adjusting for the Spanedea Service Fee. Similar policy applies to the students also in case student reschedules or cancels the class. Stats on the tutor’s profile will be updated to reflect the instances of reschedulement/ cancellation of classes by the tutor. Class must be rescheduled/ canceled by Tutor through the class schedule displayed on the Spanedea dashboard. Rescheduling/ cancellation through any other method will not be recognised by the Spanedea platform and penalties will apply based on when is the class schedule updated on the dashboard.
Policies for late coming for a regular class are as follows:
- Tutor must join the class on or before the scheduled start time for class.
- If the Tutor joins the class after 5 minutes but within 15 minutes of the scheduled class start time, then it will be marked as ‘Late Entry’ in the class.
- If Tutor joins the class after 15 minutes of the scheduled class start time, then it is marked as ‘No-show’ by the tutor. Class is deemed to be rescheduled/ canceled. No-show penalty will apply.
Penalties for late coming are as follows:
- If tutor is late for more than 3 classes but upto 6 classes in a month, then penalty is Rs. 500
- If tutor is late for more than 6 classes in a month, then penalty is Rs. 1,000
Stats on the tutor’s profile will be updated to reflect the instances of late coming by the tutor. Similar late coming policy applies to the students also.
The Spanedea dashboard allows tutor to communicate with her students strictly for academic purposes including scheduling classes, providing feedback on progress, sharing class notes. You can send your students messages and receive messages from your students using your Spanedea dashboard.
The Spanedea dashboard allows tutor to communicate with her student strictly for academic purposes including scheduling classes, providing feedback on progress, sharing class notes. Using your Spanedea dashboard, you can upload class notes or assignments for your students and download questions or homework uploaded by your students.
The Spanedea dashboard has all communication facilities required to communicate with your student for conducting online tutoring. In case you desire any other feature or communication tool please write to academics@Spanedea.net. You should not contact student through any other method such as personal email, phone, skype etc. Spanedea has the right to cancel your registration on Spanedea in case of a breach of this policy.
It is the rate in rupee (Indian Rupee or INR) terms the tutor will charge from a student for one hour of tutoring session taken with the student.
The tutor sets her own hourly base rate and may change it at any time. A change will not apply to tutor’s existing students, and to any students whose Trial Classes have been taken by the tutor.
Spanedea collects fee from students and pass it on to the tutor on monthly basis after deduction of Spanedea Service Fee.
No, fees is non-negotiable. This is to ensure transparency in the transactions. Only those tutors are invited for trial class whose hourly rate is within the hourly rate range set by the student. Any attempt to negotiate the fees can lead to suspension of tutor’s registration at Spanedea.
The fee payable to tutor, net of Spanedea service fee, for the number of tutoring hours at Spanedea in a month is remitted to tutor’s account within first 7 days of the following month, provided proper bank account details are given by the tutor.
Tutor is paid by Direct Deposit based on the bank account details provided by the tutor at the time of registration.
Tutors are paid and students are charged for the actual number of minutes taught in a class. Class start time is taken as the time when both tutor and student are present in the class. Class end time is taken as the point the time when any one - student or tutor - leaves the class and does not join back in next 5 minutes.
Login to your Spanedea dashboard and go to ‘Statement’ to access your class statements on monthly basis and payment corresponding to it.
No. Spanedea does not deduct any TDS before making any payment to the tutors. Tutors are liable to make there own income tax payments. Since, there is no TDS deduction, no Form 16 is issued.
Yes, hourly Base Rate quoted by tutor on Spanedea is inclusive of service tax/ any other applicable tax. Tutor is liable to pay service tax/ any other applicable tax on her share of hourly base rate. Spanedea Service Fee charged to the tutor is also inclusive of service tax/ any other applicable tax.
Spanedea is designed to be browser based application. So if you have Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome installed you should be ready.
Tutor will require desktop/laptop/tablet, broadband Internet connection, a headset (microphone-speakers combinations), webcam and a digital pen tablet.
Tutor requires a broadband connection with minimum download and upload speed of 1 Mbps.
To reset your password go to http://www.Spanedea.com/launch/forgot_pass. Enter your email ID registered with Spanedea and then check your inbox for the link to reset your password.
When you register on Spanedea, you automatically receive an email request to verify your address. Follow the instructions given in the email to verify your email id. Till the time you verify your email id, you would not be able to schedule or take any class on Spanedea.
Yes, for now, please send use the contact us page and drop us a message. Coming soon, you will be able edit details in your Spanedea profile simply by login to your Spanedea dashboard and click on ‘Edit Profile’ to make the changes. Changes in your tutor profile will reflect after approval by Spanedea.